Virtue Street Before and After
"Have a shuftie" at New Zealand's take on a standard box. Although it has the ever-urban lock option, we can just as easily see this in a cul-de-sac of Usonian-style homes. It has an industrial shape, but the nine color options allow for a more personalized look.
- Vacation homes shouldn't be a pain—they should be low-maintenance places for respite. Here's how ten lakeside and beachfront retreats use the most low-maintenance of materials: wood.
- We're big fans of British architect Paul Archer, so much so that we ran a story on the incredible Green Orchard house he designed for his parents in our June 2013 issue.
- Abbott and Marville: The City in Transition, a new photography exhibit at the Howard Greenberg Gallery in New York, gives viewers a privileged look at a ghostly past, showcasing photography that…
- They say the family that designs together stays together. OK, nobody says that, but there may be something to it.
- Nestled in a leafy alleyway in Paris's famous 16th arrondissement, Villa La Roche is a prime reflection of modernist architecture in France.
- A comfortable hotel spanning four buildings that date back to the early to mid-1800s is much-needed addition to the town of Beacon.
- For all the joys of beachfront living, it’s not without its risks. But with some smart design and sound engineering, this small coastal house stands tall against the threat of rising tides.