Test Kitchen Before-and-After
- Architect Janet Bloomberg infused a mid-century kitchen with her 21st-century taste to create a whimsical yet thoughtful new space.
- From a colorful renovation with mid-century roots to an industrial open-plan space, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in. Click here to see Part One and Two.
- A 1960s home with an unusual awning gets upgraded with 21st-century conveniences while maintaining its Austin street cred.
With its very low profile, the gas cooktop all but blends in with counters. It features high-heat burners that reach 18,000 BTUs and a simmer burner that goes as low as 800 BTUs.
- Custom woodwork and an open interior define a 520-square-foot backyard retreat for a busy family.
- Plagued by remodeling pitfalls, two tenacious homeowners reinvent a soggy midcentury home outside Seattle as a modern masterpiece.
- This year, Build it Green celebrates the completion of its 10,000th GreenPoint rated home.
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.