A Renovated Midcentury Gem in Austin
- The last time Blake Trabulsi and Allison Orr had a party at their house in Austin, Texas, it lasted until 5 a.m. Observes Trabulsi: “People are so comfortable here, they never want to leave.”
- With the goals of improving storage and flow in their midcentury home, two Austin residents hired Rick and Cindy Black Architects to reunite their kitchen with an open-plan living space.
- In the Kindle era, it's possible to do away with ink-on-paper books in the name of decluttering. And yet there's something about those old volumes that, for many of us, helps make a house a home.
- A change of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, neighborhood for Rick and Susan Moreland meant a chance to create a thoroughly modern house that owes its sleek, sustainable form to its vernacular roots.
- From an affordable modern home situated on a sloped creekside site in Atlanta to a renovated 1960s residence in Austin, click through to see seven of the homes recently featured in our February…
- Corrugated metal is a repeat offender in many modern homes. Architects love it for its affordability, availability, and durability.
- Texas is famous for supersized everything, but these six buildings are daringly diminutive.
- From color palettes to vertical accents, we've rounded up eight proven tactics for making the most of a small space renovation.