A Renovated Eichler Home in San Rafael, California
Faced with the unique challenge of renovating the work of mid-century master, design principal Stephen Shoup of building Lab worked to replace austerity with intimacy. Adding fencing and windows, he softened this San Rafael, California, Eichler home, providing a sense of filtered connection between the home, its landscape, and its history.
@current / @total
- What do an Eichler in San Rafael, a prefab in Emeryville, and a house/gallery in Antwerp have in common? They feature interiors outfitted with mid-century furniture.
- The front door is a sure sign of a successful journey home, and as these houses prove, modern architecture can be just as homey and inviting as its traditional counterparts.
- While some midcentury gems merely need a spruce up, others require a complete overhaul. Here are 5 that have gained new life, inside and out.
- A renovated concrete abode in Belgium, Jonathan Adler's quirky Shelter Island beachside retreat, and a British farmhouse are just a few projects in our collection of living rooms that showcase the…
- From the first LEED Gold-certified home in San Diego to a light-reflecting Berkeley prefab, we highlight five of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- Take a closer look at the trove of mid-century modern pieces that fills the breezy San Rafael, California, Eichler from our June 2013 Furniture issue's My House—where Hans Wegner, Knoll, and Herman…
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- Happy Thursday! With the weekend in sight, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.