Parsons Students Transform an Aging Rec Center
- From the Atlantic Coast to the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Carolinas are known for their unique subset of Southern culture.
- A free-standing pavilion can accent a building, provide temporary shelter and function as a pleasurable home away from home.
- Stephen Yablon Architect reimagines the stilt-house typology for a cutting-edge modern addition to a home in South Carolina's Lowcountry.
- From New Zealand to South Carolina these seven exteriors are visually distinctive from their surrounding neighbors.
- In the right hands, wooden slatted screens can become a high-design—as well as highly practical—accent in architecture, creating interest inside and outside the home.
- In our Modern Across America issue, we spotlighted five American cities with design scenes worth watching.
- Earlier this week, the American Institute of Architects’ Committee on the Environment announced the winners of their annual Top Ten Green Projects competition.
- The 13th Venice Architecture Biennale, directed by David Chipperfield and titled Common Ground, closed on 25th November 2012, attracting 178,000 visitors.