Kimball Art Center Finalists
Last week I was in Park City, Utah, home of the Kimball Art Center. Founded in 1976, and housed in what was once the Kimball Bros. auto garage, the Kimball is a living museum offering the people of this sleepy ski town (unless you show up for the Sundance Film Festival) gallery space, classes, education, and community engagement. And it's about to nearly triple in size thanks to its Transformation Project. Five architecture firms out of a shortlist of some 200 have been selected by the Kimball to design the extension it hopes to open by 2015. Check out the slideshow to see which designs have made the cut and to learn more about how this particular architecture competition works.
@current / @total
- With the jury going into deliberations at the end of the week, the Kimball Art Center in Park City, Utah, is poised to announce the architect and design of its new extension.
- In the land of large mountain lodge wannabes, two California natives tuck Utah’s first LEED for Homes–rated house onto the side of Emigration Canyon.
- As I reported earlier, the Kimball Art Center in Park City, Utah, is just days away from choosing which of the five plans for their extension will go into construction.
- Originally opened in 1889, Drewes Bros. is a San Francisco neighborhood butcher shop specializing in all-natural free-range products, run by brothers Josh and Isaac Epple.
- Architect Bjarke Ingels, founder of the world-beating firm BIG, was in San Francisco this week to show off the design for his latest project, an addition to the Kimball Art Center in Park City, Utah…
- When John Spanaro and Anne Mooney built a new home for themselves and their two daughters in Utah's Emigration Canyon, they brought more than just their California ideals and modern aesthetics with…
- From experts' picks on dish racks and cutlery to advice on building your dream kitchen, Dwell keeps the home fires burning with this handy cheat sheet.
- Onstage and on the show floor at Dwell on Design, held in Los Angeles June 20-22, talented designers will display and discuss their latest furniture and product offerings.