Emeryville Renovation: Part 3
In our latest Backstory series, we'll be previewing the loft renovation that is the featured My House in Dwell's November issue—our first-ever online sneak peek. Here, Emeryville, California architect Peter Benoit shares the process behind customizing the San Francisco Bay area loft he shares with his wife, Lynda. Check out Part 1: As it Was, Part 2: Drawings and Demolition, and now, Part 3: Construction.
Now that the demo was pretty much done, I started construction of the wood box. I decided that I was going to build it myself to save money on labor more than anything else.
@current / @total
- In our latest Backstory series, we'll be previewing the loft renovation that will be the featured My House in Dwell's November issue—our first-ever online sneak peek.
- In this Backstory series, preview the loft renovation that will be the My House story in Dwell's November issue—our first-ever online sneak peek.
- Persistence paid off for this California couple who worked overtime for two years to tackle their all-in-one loft renovation.
- Did you know that red was the first color after black and white to be named?
- In Los Angeles, California, a family of four inhabits a polychrome fantasia in the heart of Chinatown.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house…
- Here at Dwell, we love houses with a good backstory.
- In this exclusive series for Dwell.com, Linda Taalman of Taalman Koch Architecture tracks the hands-on renovation of her and her partner's live-work space in Hollywood, California.