Emeryville Renovation: Part 1
In our latest Backstory series, we'll be previewing the loft renovation that will be the featured My House in Dwell's November issue—our first-ever online sneak peek. Here, Emeryville, California architect Peter Benoit will share the process behind customizing the San Francisco Bay area loft he shares with his wife, Lynda. Part 1: As it Was.
We had been looking for places for about a year when we finally found this loft. It had a lot that needed to be done—and undone—but the view and high ceilings really hooked us, and we knew that we could work with it. Here's how we lived in it for about five months, before we started the renovation.
@current / @total
- In this Backstory series, preview the loft renovation that will be the My House story in Dwell's November issue—our first-ever online sneak peek.
- When you have a small footprint and you need more space, sometimes the only place to go is up.
- In our latest Backstory series, we'll be previewing the loft renovation that is the featured My House in Dwell's November issue—our first-ever online sneak peek.
- A bay window build-out helps a turn-of-the-century home look forward.
- Persistence paid off for this California couple who worked overtime for two years to tackle their all-in-one loft renovation.
- Tres Birds Workshop design principal Mike Moore likes making people think.
- When Joe Borst saw an affordable bungalow in a Marina del Ray neighborhood filled with either condos or mansions, he knew he found a perfect place for him and his girlfriend Maria Torres to live in.
- In 2009, just as architectural designer Chris Greenawalt and his wife, Danielle, completed remodeling their Seattle home, Danielle received word that she was heading to Boston for her job as a…