7 Architectural Preservation Projects in San Francisco
- Last year I had the chance to take a press preview of the Old Mint in San Francisco.
- Modern homes that buck the expected vernacular? Sign us up. See an array of residences from Boise to Charleston that express unconventional twists on regional styles.
- This week, the American Institute of Architects' Committe on the Environment (COTE) announced its Top Ten Green Projects.
- These six homes are contemporary gems in disguise: traditional on the outside, but strikingly modern within.
- In compliance with strict regulations on historical renovations, these five Italian homes deftly incorporate original structure into modern remodels.
- From a dazzling multi-windowed home in sunny Venice to a renovated Victorian in Oakland, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
Design Within Reach celebrates the successful plan for preservation of the 1966 Century Plaza Hotel in Century City and honors architect and engineer Minoru Yamasaki, who was also the architect of Century City's Theme Towers and New York's World Trade Center towers. Los Angeles Conservancy director of advocacy Mike Buhler will present an overview of the building's rich history, the preservation efforts and plans for its future. We also congratulate Los Angeles City councilmember Paul Koretz and the National Register of Historic Places for their efforts. The Los Angeles Conservancy is a nonprofit membership organization that works through education and advocacy to recognize, preserve and revitalize the historic architectural and cultural resources of Los Angeles County.
- Take a photographic odyssey through a sample of the best architecture and design on the Iberian peninsula.