5 Top-to-Bottom Brownstone Renovations
- When architects Hayes and James Slade of Slade Architecture renovated a three-story brownstone in Brooklyn for Ricky Kenig, the owner of the New York City's ubiquitous Ricky's NYC stores, and his…
- Holding the title of New York's most populated borough and second highest ranking city in the United States, Brooklyn has made quite a name for itself.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
The third evening of the 27th annual Emerging Voices lecture series, featuring Slade Architecture and UrbanLab.
New York’s Slade Architecture led by partners James Slade and Hayes Slade seeks “to develop the unique characteristics of each project” and “to engage the occupant or viewer by testing their experience/perception of the space.” Current projects include a 500,000 SF residential development in Williamsburg; a zoo renovation in Staten Island; two freestanding residences, one in China, the other in Pennsylvania; and the renovation of HELP/Family Residence Housing Complex in Brooklyn. Recently completed projects include the Barbie Store Shanghai, Aperture Foundation Headquarters, and a number of apartments and offices. Previous to the founding of Slade Architecture in 2002, James Slade was in partnership with Min Cho in Cho Slade Architecture.
For Part Two of our video series "The Modern Family," sponsored by Mercedes-Benz, we head to New York City's Lower East Side, where architects Hayes and James Slade have renovated a 1,600-square-foot apartment for themselves and their four children. Using their own home as an example, the couple share their best tips for family-friendly, modern design—and for living well in limited space.
- As the weekend approaches, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- What’s not to love about Brooklyn? Here we present 9 funky, space-saving renovation projects from Dwell’s pages that will make you fall even harder for the borough.
- Happy Thursday! With the weekend in sight, we've gathered ten of our most popular homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.