Typographer Focus: Peter Biľak
- Ever ask yourself, "Is that Arial or Helvetica?" (Or for type snobs, "Is that Helvetica or Helvetica Neue?") Then WhatTheFont may be the iPhone application for you.
- East London-based typographer, illustrator, and designer Jing Zhang revisits the ABCs with her highly detailed 26 lettered collection of the English alphabet.
- You heard us right: this week we're bringing you 31 of the best of Friday Finds, our editors' design, architecture, photography, and video discoveries that we've been collecting in a column for over…
Can you really compare experimental three-dimensional typography – like lettering made of live moss or letter kites that fly messages in the sky – to the work of Gutenberg? If you ask Jeanette Abbink, Emily CM Anderson and the over 100 international designers and typographers featured in 3D Typography, the answer is a resounding yes.
- Today's Photographer Promotional Piece We Love and Why: Bil Zelman
If all your home needs to be complete is a new piece from Blu Dot, now's your chance to potentially get the item in a creative exchange (read: for anything other than cold, hard cash). The furniture and lighting company is hosting their annual Swap Meet now until March 16th. Pitch your idea for an interesting trade for a Blu Dot item. Your bid can be almost anything and quirky, artistic, interesting, and funny bids are encouraged. Last year's bids included, among many others, a popsicle stick motorcycle, a brisket BBQ for 30, a spork collection, an epic college kegger, and a secret handshake. Check out the latest bids here and submit yours today.
Keeping your biz-y (and personal) contacts sorted can keep you busy for hours. This fun address file from Pica Press will make organizing less of a chore, as each bright card will wow you with a different lettered design.
- The Dwell team shares all manner of design discoveries daily on Pinterest.