- Wishing to preserve existing sites and the natural beauty of original trees, these seven homes use nature as their centerpiece.
- A new book on passive houses by designer Julie Torres Moskovitz highlights the super-green homes of our sustainable present (and future).
- Each week Dwell.com delivers many great original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
Design Within Reach celebrates the successful plan for preservation of the 1966 Century Plaza Hotel in Century City and honors architect and engineer Minoru Yamasaki, who was also the architect of Century City's Theme Towers and New York's World Trade Center towers. Los Angeles Conservancy director of advocacy Mike Buhler will present an overview of the building's rich history, the preservation efforts and plans for its future. We also congratulate Los Angeles City councilmember Paul Koretz and the National Register of Historic Places for their efforts. The Los Angeles Conservancy is a nonprofit membership organization that works through education and advocacy to recognize, preserve and revitalize the historic architectural and cultural resources of Los Angeles County.
- In Los Angeles, Materials & Applications puts design theory into open-to-the-public…
Andi Kovel and Justin Parker of Portland-Oregon–based Esque Studio will be onhand to discuss their work, which will be display at Heath through mid-May.
- With the offices of her upstart nonprofit, Project H, located in the same space as Cameron Sinclair’s Architecture for Humanity, Emily Pilloton’s everyday life is steeped in a desire to…
- This coming Saturday and Sunday, November 7 and 8, Opportunity Green will be hitting Los Angeles for its third consecutive year.