The Power of Paint
- From New York to Paris, we take a look at 8 contemporary apartments nestled in busy cities around the world.
This exhibition celebrates artist and sculptor Ruth Asawa (1926- ) and features her earliest sculptures, drawings and paintings created while studying at Black Mounain College with Josef Albers, Buckminster Fuller and Ilya Bolotowsky.
- This New York turned ski bum took a little piece of the city to the mountains, and never looked back.
- With the offices of her upstart nonprofit, Project H, located in the same space as Cameron Sinclair’s Architecture for Humanity, Emily Pilloton’s everyday life is steeped in a desire to…
- From the sustainability champions over at SHFT comes an enticing profile of architect David Hertz.
- As summer wanes, we present Dwell's favorite modern ski houses—high-design buildings built for tough winter weather, rugged activity, and easy access to the slopes.
- How an unfussy, nearly zero-energy family home in Santa Cruz, California, wound up with hay bales in the walls, a state-of-the-art heat pump system, and six very happy residents.
- From a Greek and Gothic revival to the birth of suburbs, the 1800s brought about new innovations in technology and architectural styles embody those historic changes.