The Opulent Modernism of Platner
- Whether faux or for real, sheepskin and fur are modernists’ favorite fuzzy accessories.
- Rich materials, comfy textiles, a splash of paint, or the deft use of light—we call out design gestures that do wonders to carve out a cozy home.
- In Guilford, Connecticut, residents Suzanne and Brooks Kelley furnished the glass-walled living room of their cottage with an array of classic items paired with minimalist contemporary pieces, all in…
- Although New Canaan gets the award for modernism in Connecticut (Breuer, Johnson...), the Constitution State has been known to welcome other forms of modern architectural experimentation.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Gold accents brighten up any interior and feel festive; we share our favorite gold and brass pieces for early spring.
- Clerestory windows have been around since the time of the ancient Egyptians, and there's a reason for their staying power.
- From the United States to Poland to South Korea, living roofs have taken off.