New Media: Sight Unseen
Jill Singer and Monica Khemsurov met as editors at the venerable I.D. in 2005 and both developed a passion for peeking behind the scenes at the creative processes of designers—–access that came with working for an established print publication. Just before the magazine folded in the wake of the great magazine shake-up in the latter aughts, they embraced the opportunity to cast aside the medium’s limitations—–space restrictions and long lead time—–while preserving its take-a-seat-and-stay-awhile sensibility.
@current / @total
- Sight Unseen, the online design magazine with a cult-like following, is bringing a carefully curated selection of design to its first annual OFFSITE fair.
- It's something every designer, design writer, and design collector wonders constantly: Will this piece of furniture I made/ hailed in print/ bought still be in vogue in ten (or fifty) years' time?
- NoHo is oh-so-hip, with lots of design happenings to check out this week. If you're in New York, a trip to Great Jones Street is a damn good bet.
- Consult our guide to the most happening design events and installations during ICFF 2014, including related fairs like WantedDesign, Sight Unseen OFFSITE, and IntroNY.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Today's Photographer Promotional Piece We Love and Why: J Bennett Fitts
- Colorful stripes! Bauhaus era costumes! Transit signage! Metástasis! All inside and much more. Bon week-end!
- Photographer Jill Paider just returned from Panama City on a fantastic architectural adventure, bringing back photographs of the much-anticipated Puente de Vida Museum, or Biomuseo for which it's…