Landscape Architecture: Marcel Wilson
- The outdoors is one of our most popular topics at Dwell on Design and this year we're very happy to have urban designer and landscape architect Marcel Wilson down from San Francisco to speak.
- From a modern twist on the classic porch swing to living roofs and a breathtaking vertical garden, our Pinterest board devoted to Landscape Architecture and Outdoors is full of great design ideas.
Gravity Free is a celebration of new ideas in multidisciplinary design. This year, twenty one of the world’s most remarkable designers — from as many different design disciplines — invite you to join them backstage for an close up look at the "Wonders of Magical Thinkers," the theme for the 2011 conference.
Among those giving talks are architect Bjarke Ingels (who will be presenting his latest projects), lighting designer Ingo Maurer, photographer Bob Gruen, and landscape architect Marcel Wilson. Click here for a complete list of speakers.
- 2014 is a big year for Dutch designer designer Marcel Wanders, with a major retrospective of his work at Amsterdam's Stedelijk Museum and Moooi opening its first New York City flagship store.
- A landscape architect in San Francisco harnesses an underground water source to create a lush marshland in his own backyard.
- They say that good fences make good neighbors, but it's equally true that good fences make for good design.
- We're thrilled to welcome Margie Ruddick, this year's winner of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award in Landscape Architecture, to Dwell on Design.
- In 2005, the AIA New York launched the New Practices program to showcase promising new and emerging architectural firms.