Investing in the Market
- In this new feature, we present an architectural insider’s guide to a great design destination. This issue: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Robert Hammond has just returned from a year in Rome. While there he created an urban experiment called Chance Encounter on the Tiber, involving 100 chairs in public spaces in Italy.
- With nearly ten million people, Rwanda is Africa’s most densely populated country -- yet it boasts fewer than ten architecture firms within its borders.
- After lunch today I ambled down to Spur (San Francisco Planning + Urban Research Association) to see how they, and the Great Street Initiative, were celebrating Parking Day.
- Thanks to the Vintage Bazaar, a pop-up market started by locals Katherine Raz and Libby Alexander, the Windy City is brimming with prime design finds.
- This year at Dwell on Design we're collaborating with our pals over at the excellent American Public Media radio show Marketplace.
- From the photographer who shaped how mid-century architecture was communicated to the furniture designer whose work is synonymous with the "space-age pop" aesthetic, we profile five icons you should…
- Witold Rybczynski has been called “architecture’s voice in the world of letters” by The Weekly Standard.