Harry Bertoia's Jewelry Design
Midcentury-master Harry Bertoia's oeuvre includes iconic furniture, prints and drawings, sculpture, jewelry, and more. His daughter Celia recently spoke at San Francisco's Zinc Details as part of the Design Salon series. In case you couldn't make it, we sent her a few questions about what it was like to grow up in a creative family, about her father's legacy, and why Bertoia signed very few of his works.
@current / @total
- From March 24th to May 10th, "Harry Bertoia: Works on Paper and Furniture" will be on view at Kean University's Karl and Helen Burger Gallery.
- A look at the history of Harry Bertoia's iconic steel wire seating collection from 1951, and a few Dwell homes that showcase the chairs to their best advantage.
- Sight Unseen, the online design magazine with a cult-like following, is bringing a carefully curated selection of design to its first annual OFFSITE fair.
- It's definitely springtime in the Big Apple, and New York is buzzing.
- This week in New York City, a chance to ogle pieces from Italian designer and Memphis maestro Ettore Sottsass's personal collection, including early prototypes that predate his most influential…
- In 2009, Ted Hall was producing his own certified-organic wine, growing olives that he turned into extra-virgin olive oil, raising cattle for grass-fed beef, and harvesting heirloom fruits and…
- Infant brand Oeuf has been celebrated by celebrities and design magazines alike for its sophisticated yet whimsical products for children.
- Original Ettore Sottsass furniture and accessories that were custom designed and built for the late tech pioneer Max Palevsky will hit the auction block March 6th at LA Modern.