Furniture Designer Focus: Eero Aarnio
- From the photographer who shaped how mid-century architecture was communicated to the furniture designer whose work is synonymous with the "space-age pop" aesthetic, we profile five icons you should…
- Swiss brand Vitra has announced that it purchased Artek in a move to bring more global exposure to the iconic Finnish design house.
- French luxury furniture retailer Roche Bobois turned 50 this year, celebrating this milestone with a retrospective at their Madison Avenue showroom.
Come scour the Artek showroom floor to score furniture, lighting, and accessories from designers such as Alvar Aalto, Enzo Mari, Eero Aarnio, and Shigery Ban up to 90% off the retail price.
- A decade ago, the Ohio State University Austin E.
Join Artek for its first ever sample sale. Alvar Aalto, Eero Aarnio, Shigeru Ban, Naoto Fukasawa, Enzo Mari, Juha Leiviska, and Ilmari Tapiovaara products, discontinued items, and showroom floor samples up to 60-percent off the retail price.
Friday, October 14, 9 am-5 pm
Saturday, October 15, 10 am-6 pm
Sunday, October 16, 12 pm-5 pm
- At the entrance of Habitare, Finland's largest furniture and interiors expo, designer Yrjö Kukkapuro has curated an exhibition of ecologically-minded chairs.
- This year, Pantone announced that Emerald is its color of 2013. In honor of the verdant and vibrant color, we've collected a handful of projects that'll make you green with envy.