Designer We Love: Konstantin Grcic
@current / @total
Reinforced polypropylene / 18.5" W x 15.75" D x 32" H with 30.5" seat height.
- Industrial designer Konstantin Grcic has done it all, from spoons to umbrellas to lights, but he’s best known for his data-driven chairs. We dropped in on his Munich studio to sit awhile…
- Released at the end of last month, Konstantin Grcic: Decisive Design by the Art Institute of Chicago's design curator Zoë Ryan is a fine addition to the growing literature on the excellent…
- From a witty golden keychain to a sleek, reimagined classic steel coffee pot, prepare to get distracted by these eight seriously shiny products.
- Dwell is in Milan this week, reporting on the furniture industry's biggest design fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Medici Chair Outdoor by Konstantin Grcic for Matiazzi from Herman Miller, $1,199 The outdoor version of Grcic’s riff on the Adirondack chair uses a thermo-sealing technique to protect the ash wood from moisture. Its straightforward silhouette belies its intricate engineering: The piece is made entirely of three-quarter-inch planks.
- As you may have noticed, Dwell is in Milan this week to scout for new furniture, accessories, and lighting at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile and the various satellite fairs around town.
- This weekend, the question is now "What to do?" but "What not to do?".