Designer Spotlight: Hiroko Takeda
- Eleanor Pritchard’s textiles nod to British modernism and local craft. Thanks to a new upholstery line, she’s poised to become an industry name.
- A friend of mine took a weaving class and the abstract textile she came up with was amazing. I've been eyeing this loom at for a while now, and would love to make a bit of soft wall art, or a little ruglet.
- Patricia Urquiola has not only shattered glass ceilings in her field; she is one of the most celebrated designers of her generation.
- We first spotted Providence, Rhode Island–based designer Meg Callahan's work at Matter's Next World exhibition this spring and instantly loved her quilts—a contemporary take on…
- The new movie Tokyo!—a triptych of short films directed by Michel Gondry, Leos Carax and Bong Joon-Ho—presents three increasingly neurotic architectural visions of the teeming,…
- Not so long ago I had a chance to talk with illustrator Maira Kalman when she came to San Francisco for the launch of a retrospective of her work at the Contemporary Jewish Museum.
- Help spread the green with the Nourishmat modular garden system by Earth Starter!
- When Los Angeles-based furniture and textile designer/maker Tanya Aguiñiga was approached by the Craft and Folk Art Museum to create an exhibition of her work, the artist had an off-the-wall…