- Alex Randall is not your typical lighting designer.
The Dear Ingo challenges preconceptions about everyday objects. Composed from 16 individual task lamps, the whole creates a dynamic chandelier. The spots can be directed, and the shape of the chandelier can be changed. Created in homage to the famed German lighting designer, Dear Ingo is now part of the permanent collection of the Art Institute of Chicago.
- When it comes to lighting there are so many ways to go but if you want to add a bit of drama and really elevate your interior design to the next level we think there is nothing like a chandelier.
- Opening tonight is From Now to Eternity, a show focusing on plastics with work by a collection of designers, including FAT, Tomoko Azumi, Stuart Haygarth and Committee.
- 100 drawings by Daniel Libeskind, screen-printed on glass panels, fill the Venice Pavilion.
- Istanbul modern? In a word, it’s Autoban. With their east-meets-west twist on mid-century classics, this young duo has jump-started their hometown’s design scene.
- When decorating, black can take you anywhere from bold to sophisticated to edgy. Here, we take a look at eight great black furniture, lighting, and accessory pieces for the home.
- When you spill lakes of digital ink and snap loads of pictures documenting your own event (tired of Dwell on Design yet, gentle readers?) you can easily lose perspective of what the folk you're…