Design Icon: Renzo Piano
- Nestled into the Tuscan landscape, in the municipality of Gavorrano in the heart of Maremma, sits a modern winery called Rocca di Frassinello.
- I met with Italian architect and Pritzker Prize winner Renzo Piano one week before the official opening of his latest museum project, an addition to the historic Isabella Gardner Museum in Boston,…
- As we began dispersing for the holidays—heading our separate ways to SoCal and all the way to the Carribean—we take a look back at the best of what we saw worldwide in 2010.
- Boston's venerable Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum—founded in 1903 by a lady art patron and obsessive collector of antiquities—has been one of the city's crown cultural jewels for the…
- Back in 2009 former Dwell senior editor Sarah Rich made a short report on a visit to Napa Valley's Hourglass Winery's Blueline property.
- From Renzo Piano's Le Meridien Lingotto in Turin, Italy to Frank Lloyd Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, check out these nine most amazing hotel designs from around the world.
- In our February 2009 issue we sat down with acclaimed Italian architect Renzo Piano, who designed the California Academy of Sciences building, for an “In the Modern World” Q & A.
- The Venezuelan mastermind behind the world’s largest furniture fair is an outspoken friend to the undiscovered.