From Commune to Commonplace
- Heath Ceramics presents Design in Time, a showcase of one-of-a-kind clocks made with eight various collaborators and friends of Heath including Jeff Canham, House Industries, Adam Silverman, Roger…
- Now that sustainability is de rigeur in the architecture world, it is no surprise that a new tome from Taschen puts the solar power spotlight on 100 eco-friendly buildings.
- On our second day in Barcelona, fueled by café con leche and enough jamon to kill a horse, we excitedly settled into a breakneck tour of modern Catalan design and architecture.
The ideal choice for a portable fireplace solution. It’s fueled by denatured ethanol, an environmentally friendly, renewable energy. It has a stainless steel firebox, requires little maintenance, and is flueless so the heat stays inside. Available in white or black.
The ideal choice for a portable, outdoor fireplace solution. It’s fueled by denatured ethanol, an environmentally friendly, renewable energy. It has a stainless steel box base and tempered glass top. Requires little maintenance and provides plenty of heat.
We were perusing the perpetually well done output of Working Class Studio, a division of the Savannah College of Art and Design, the other day and came across a lovely lamp by furniture designer and SCAD alum Tucker Waugh. The eponymous Tucker Lamp cuts a nice modern profile, lights the room from both above and below, and at a very economical $110 certainly makes it the best single way to make your well Ikea-ed friends envious without a Ligne Roset budget.
- John and Paige Damiano are snow worshippers.
- “I’ve had my share of so-called glamorous architecture and I found it more boring than this. You can only do so much to an office building.