- After spending the weekend at the Monterey Design Conference, we have the beautiful coast of central California at top of mind.
- From a home with an expansive coastal view to a home set steeply amidst dappled maple canopies, these and more houses are built to withstand the elements.
- The metal exteriors of these buildings range from lightly oxidized to coated in rich red layers of rust.
- A new home at Sea Ranch, a half-century-old enclave of rugged modernist houses on the Northern California coast, captures the spirit of its surroundings.
- Homes on the range are getting bigger and more expensive by the minute, but a group of progressive architects in Jackson set out to prove that all is not lost.
- Most beachfront houses treat the ocean as part of the visual landscape with panoramic views and wraparound balconies.
- From a storied 1980s party house set in the desert to a wood and glass home perched on the cliffs of Big Sur, we highlight five more of our favorite abodes from the west coast.
- As architect Frank Lloyd Wright once advised his students, "Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.