- Holding the title of New York's most populated borough and second highest ranking city in the United States, Brooklyn has made quite a name for itself.
- In our New York issue, on newsstands now, we take a look at all five boroughs of America's biggest, most vital city.
- The Passivhaus Institut in Darmstadt, Germany, on Friday announced 20 finalists for its 2014 Passive House Awards, singling out houses, office buildings, and other structures designed and built to…
- Three sustainably designed dwellings in Phnom Penh show how far two grand can go.
- The United States Artists announced the USA Fellows on December 14.
- Five years after Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans still houses to up to 70,000 vacant lots. Two years ago, however, the city put a plan into place to help residents revive their neighborhoods.
- With considering the ever-expanding children's market in the modern design realm, the plethora of visitors, tiny people, and exhibitors at The Modern Family Zone at Dwell on Design was not surprising…
The Venice Art Walk "ART & ARCHITECTURE" Tours are returning! Three separately ticketed home tours will take place on Saturday May 22 and Sunday May 23. Saturday tours include a cocktail reception following the tour. The Sunday tour includes admission to the centerpiece of the weekend, the Venice Art Walk & Auctions.In its 31st year, the Venice Art Walk features more than 50 artist studios and special exhibits, a 400-piece silent art auction and food from some of the finest Westside restaurants. All proceeds benefit the Venice Family Clinic’s free health care services for the low-income uninsured, making this the feel-good, and feel-better, event of the year.These tours are generously sponsored by Dwell – all attendees will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine and may be entered to win 1 of 10 subscriptions.“Rustic Canyon: the Sequel”: Picking up where last year’s historic walking tour left off, Leo Marmol, FAIA, takes visitors deeper into this architecturally bountiful neighborhood, stopping to tour a fresh collection of homes representing the old and new. Sat., May 22: 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, $175 per person, includes lunch at the home of architect Melinda Gray, VIP cocktail reception at Marmol Radziner on Friday evening, May 21, and VIP cocktail reception at Dogtown Station Lofts in Venice. Tickets extremely limited – advance purchase required.“Architects’ Homes on the Border of Venice and Santa Monica”: Explore homes that architects and designers built for themselves in this self-guided walking tour along the border of Venice and Santa Monica. Sat., May 22: 12:00pm – 4:00 pm, $100 per person, includes VIP cocktail reception at Dogtown Station Lofts in Venice.“Life and Style on Venice’s Walk Streets and Canals”: You can’t get more Venetian this self-guided walking tour of homes on Venice’s charming walk streets and serene canals. Sun., May 23: 12:00pm – 4:00 pm, $100 per person, includes admission to all Venice Art Walk & Auctions events same day.
Tickets: Available online or by calling 310.392.9255