Architect We Love: Sou Fujimoto
- From northeastern Italy to downtown Pittsburgh, a trendy neighborhood in Melbourne, Australia, to Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, here are eight inventive, modern apartment buildings that fit in…
- When space is an issue building up is a solution few designers dare to do. Here are 7 homes that successfully solve spatial challenges of city living by expanding upwards.
- A primer on wooden floors, Sou Fujimoto's floating forest, and dreamy textiles round out this week's links we love.
- In September 2008, architect Koji Tsutsui accepted the Ceramic Tiles of Italy award for designing a modern, white-tiled residence in Tokyo.
- Dens and family rooms don’t need to mean the Bradys and shag carpeting. As the following clever family spaces prove, there are many ways to accommodate everyone in high style.
- Black is the color (or absence of color, rather) of choice for these twelve homes from San Francisco to Berlin to Tokyo and beyond.
- What should Japan’s homes of the future look like? A few years ago, designer Kenya Hara posed that question to a group of Japanese architects and companies.
- Although the Venice Architecture Biennale invades all nooks and crannies of the four-square-mile island, most of the festival's big-hitters reside under the roof of only one building, the Italian…