Products and Furniture at Dwell on Design
@current / @total
- Dwell and New York magazines’ second annual City Modern is kicking off in just a little over a week and we’re already looking forward to the home tours and panels featuring some of New York’s great…
- This year's Dwell on Design in Los Angeles featured four Dwell-curated pavilions, a wide range of onstage speakers, the first-ever Dwell Store Pop-Up, and much more. Couldn't make it to L.A.?
- As an extension to the sold-out "Creativity & Constraint" event at the #DellVenue during Dwell's City Modern 2013, Designer Jonathan Adler and Dell Creative Director Tommy Lynn discuss the…
- On the last day of Dwell on Design in Los Angeles, onstage talks will spotlight renowned mid-century architects, question knockoffs, and offer design strategies for neurological challenges.
We will host a design lecture and feature light Maine fare and cocktails celebrating our Maine roots in our new Soho store.
Auction Item: Thos. Moser Wall Clock
Description: Encased in solid cherry, this distinctive quartz wall clock makes a perfect gift.
Image: please see attached image and let me know if you need a high res version
- On the second day of City Modern, find events throughout New York City, including the following:
- Designer Discussion with Thos. Moser, 1:00–2:00 p.m., Thos. Moser Showroom, 699 Madison Avenue, New York, Free
Dwell Editor in Chief Amanda Dameron will sit down for a design discussion with Thos. Moser head designer, David Moser. Amanda and David will discuss the iconic New England company’s design philosophy, longstanding quality craftsmanship, and how modern design tenets permeate through the company’s newer lines. Join us for champagne and light refreshments following the discussion.
- Brooklyn Self-Guided Tours, 2:00–5:00 p.m., Various Locations, Free
City Modern will open the doors to emerging designers' studios in Brooklyn. With unprecedented access to designers in their work environment, attendees will pique their curiosity and interact with the designers themselves to learn more about the creative process. Designers on the self-guided tours include: Snarkitecture, hOmE, Chen Chen & Kai Williams, Um Project, DMFD, Hellman Chang, Egg Collective, Todd Bracher, Olga Guanabara, Uhuru Design, TOKEN, Fort Standard and Click Boom Pow.
- Emerging Designers Panel Discussion sponsored by Silestone, 7:00–9:00 p.m., Museum of Arts and Design (MAD), 2 Columbus Circle, New York, $20
Jerry Helling, President and Creative Director of Bernhardt Design has made a career out of discovering new talent. This panel looks at trends and challenges facing young and emerging designers who are trying to find a foothold in the competitive design market. Wendy Goodman will moderate a panel with Helling and emerging Bernhardt designers: Taylor Pemberton, a New York-based designer and talented entrepreneur who recently launched Cavalier.com and Wantful.com; Sarah and Victor Lytvinenko, the founders of Raleigh Denim in North Carolina who were part of Helling's 'America Made Me' design show during ICFF in May; and the Scottish artist/designer Jephson Robb. Come and hear what it takes to make it in the NY design industry. Sponsored by Silestone.
CITY MODERN Presented by Audi is a joint venture celebrating design, co-created by the Dwell and New York editorial teams, led by Amanda Dameron and Wendy Goodman respectively. See below for CITY MODERN Presented by Audi programming.
Low in profile, the Edo Coffee table could not be more simple. The wide, planked legs are hewn from solid cherry panels, then grain-matched and joined at a compound angle and polished to luminous softness. The result is a graceful balance of loft and mass, both modern and classic and sized to fit in any room.
Elegant modernity is to be found in our Vita Collection. Half-blind dovetails join the ash drawer interiors to solid cherry fronts and are set flush with the front of the case. You’ll find with this dresser that nothing is more beautiful than a simple thing done well.