Functional Furniture at New York Boutique Stillfried Wien
In Dwell's June issue, we sat down with Anna and Michael Trubrig of New York design shop Stillfried Wien, which sells a trove of design from Austria, Germany, Switzerland, and beyond. Here, check out some of the streamlined furniture and accessories featured in the store.
@current / @total
- Two Viennese expats open a New York City shop stocked with furniture, lighting, and accessories from their home country and beyond.
- Hammocks can range from casual to luxurious, showing up everywhere from backyards to boutique hotels. Here are 6 swingin’ hammock arrangements from the Dwell archives.
- Sleek hotels and snowy cabins abound in the small European country once known as the cradle of culture.
- The Hotel Daniel is a 115-room boutique hotel in Vienna, Austria.
- The late, Pritzker-winning Viennese architect was a key proponent of postmodernism.
- British clothing company Mulberry opened their first West Coast boutique in San Francisco this past week.
- With the winter weather comes dreams of an escape, which inspires us to consider the following modern hotels by forward-thinking architects and designers Dwell loves.
- In 2006, architect and urban planner Mona El Khafif traded Vienna's wiener schnitzel for beignets in the Big Easy to teach at Tulane University's URBANbuild program.