A Dutch Designer’s Tessellating Coat Rack
- Looking back at one our favorite architecture books from Assouline, Living Architecture: Greatest American Houses of the 20th Century, which shows a different perspective on some of the…
- We recently featured Federico Babina’s Archist City of artist’s imaginary houses, now see his newly released architect’s portraits and their buildings.
- Photographer Mauren Brodbeck looks at buildings as if they are sitting for a portrait. In her series Urbanscape and Cityscape, Brodbeck searches for subjects that have a strong structural geometry.
- A floating wall on a Johannesburg cottage draws inspiration from local mining moguls and Mies van der Rohe.
- Second only to the Eames lounge chair and ottoman, the Arco lamp by Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni for Flos, with its super arc, is the classic go-to piece for the modern living room.
- Pro tip: For a colorful or light industrial feel, powder-coated metal is your best friend when it comes to outdoor furniture. When going the wood route, opt for teak, which oxidizes naturally.
- For the next installment of Three Buildings I spoke with Acting Director of the Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, Caroline Baumann.
- Limitations—–even in choice of wardrobe—–fuel the creative fires of Dutch master Karel Martens.