Chiaro Chair by Leon Ransmeier for Mattiazzi
- Humanscale's Sacha Burn details what to consider when buying body-conscious seating.
Designer Hella Jongerius delights in often unexpected combinations and contrasts of material choices. As such, it's no surprise that the Dutch master craftswoman complimented this aluminum-and-polyester seat with yarn wound around the armrests.
- Bay Area coffee company Peet’s recently unveiled a new design for its San Francisco, California, flagship store.
- With the Silenci chair, Stockholm-based o4i—a design studio that focuses on contemporary domestic and public furniture— wage war against "acoustic clutter." Manufactured by de…
The Österlen chair is named for the area in southern Sweden in which it was built. Sempé, a southerner herself, used typical bentwood techniques to craft the piece, which features U-shaped cuts in the legs and back. Chair available in ash, stain or lacquer, with a veneer seat.
- With summer fast approaching, Mexico City furniture design studio León León's bright, handmade woven pieces are incredibly appealing.
- The Dwell Store will present its first IRL pop-up store at Dwell on Design Los Angeles June 20–22.
- A highlight of my trip to Paris earlier this year—and I can't believe it's taken me this long to share it with you—was a visit to the Bouroullec brothers' studio in Belleville.