ARAM at 50: Golden Anniversary for a London Design Icon
- Jean-Christophe Aumas’ multihued Paris apartment houses both the highly sought artistic director and the stunning assemblage of furniture he’s brought back from his travels.
The exhibition features a full range of objects from textiles and fashion to industrial pieces, furniture and prints. It includes design classics such as chairs by Charles and Ray Eames, as well as work by a spectrum of designers that together evoke an impacting impression of their era. Key exhibits include work by William Morris, Christopher Dresser, Adolf Loos, Marcel Breuer, Le Corbusier, Eileen Gray, Achille Castiglioni, Issey Miyake, Zaha Hadid and Ron Arad.
- It’s been awhile since we last visited the City of Light, so here’s a jaunt to five modern abodes we adore.
- In honor of the Palais-Royal's first public art exhibition's 346th anniversary (it debuted today in 1667!), we've curated a fine crop of modern art found in the pages of Dwell.
This festival celebrating Dutch design, fashion and architecture is conceived and curated by Renny Ramakers, co-founder and director of Droog, as part of the NY400 week celebrations, commemorating the 400th anniversary of the arrival of the Dutch to New York.
Over the course of two long weekends from September 11 through September 20, Pioneers of Change will showcase a modern interpretation on Dutch art and design. The exhibit will utilize several former officers’ houses in Nolan Park on Governors Island, where visitors can listen and debate, watch and participate, relax and think, eat and drink, play music, be inspired, connect and, simply,
enjoy. Revelers can also shop at the pop-up store, which sells affordable Dutch design ware (all under $100).
- A new exhibit at the Museum of Arts & Design celebrates an enduring medium.
- This weekend, the question is now "What to do?" but "What not to do?".
In honor of the Golden Gate Bridge's seventy-fifth anniversary, architect Donald MacDonald will lead a discussion and presentation on its history and design. MacDonald will focus on items in his book Golden Gate Bridge: History and Design of an Icon such as the famed span's engineering, construction, and coloring.