8 Striking Memphis-Inspired Designs
The Italian designer, who worked alongside Sottsass and other avant-garde Alchimia and Memphis group members, has designed a series of nine graphic mosaic tiles that can be arranged at will.
- The annual London Design Festival attracts both emerging and established creatives, who gather each fall to present their latest creations.
Taylor, whose studio is in Stockholm, returns to the U.S.A. in February 2014 for a residency at San Francisco's NWBLK gallery. His showstopping vase, mirror, and dish are made of brass and raw concrete.
- This week in New York City, a chance to ogle pieces from Italian designer and Memphis maestro Ettore Sottsass's personal collection, including early prototypes that predate his most influential…
- Italian designer and founder of the Memphis movement, Ettore Sottsass is widely known for his expressive furniture and futuristic, sometimes goofy visions of everyday objects.
- The 11th edition of London Design Festival introduced over 300 events and exhibitions staged across the city.
- Colorful stripes! Bauhaus era costumes! Transit signage! Metástasis! All inside and much more. Bon week-end!
- Kinship in design is often viewed as simply a matter of showing relations, both formally and historically, between objects that share color, pattern, and local craft strategies.