Three Top Designs by Chad Wright
- Your home is modern. Why not offer similarly stylish digs for your winged neighbors? Here, three modern birdhouses to enhance any yard.
- Unrealized projects and incredible sketches from the master architect.
- Red, white, and blue are staples in the modern color palette, and the Fourth of July is the perfect time to display them all together.
- Never Built: Los Angeles, an upcoming exhibition at the A+D Architecture and Design Museum Los Angeles (on view from July 28 through September 29) will highlight radical projects that would have…
Fifty years after the realization of Frank Lloyd Wright’s renowned design, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum brings together sixty-four projects designed by one of the most influential architects of the 20th century, including privately commissioned residences, civic and government buildings, religious and performance spaces, as well as unrealized urban mega-structures. Presented on the spiral ramps of Wright’s museum through a range of mediums—including more than 200 original Frank Lloyd Wright drawings, many of which are on view to the public for the first time, as well as newly commissioned models and digital animations—Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward illuminates Wright’s pioneering concepts of space and reveals the architect’s continuing relevance to contemporary design.
- With its diverse architectural landscape and community that thrives on robust design discourse, Los Angeles is an ideal home for the annual Dwell on Design show.
A bellwether in America’s shift in taste toward modern design, potter and artist Russel Wright’s 1937 American Modern line of dishes and tableware has all the clean, expressive warmth you’d want on the dining table. And yes, that even goes for the creamer.