Stylish Modern Housewares from Finell
Designer Rebecca Finell debuted an impressive new line of tabletop items and decorative accessories at NY Now this week. Her eponymous line, Finell Co., includes stylish, functional, and forward-looking items geared towards entertaining: serving pieces, runners, place mats, storage vessels, trays, and more. Every item boasts a refined, modern sensibility and goes a step further in that they’re durable and highly-functional. Finell cut her teeth in the design industry at Boon, a modern baby products company she founded in the mid 2000s. Taking the knowledge she gained about materials and product development, she created Finell with the goal of housewares that work for busy home entertainers. What she noticed from a lot of modern housewares is that they often looked to the midcentury for inspiration. “I didn’t want to do a ‘me too’ version of things,” she says. “I wanted to think about what’s next instead of looking back.” Here’s a peek at a few items in the collection.
@current / @total
- Today, Finnish-brand Marimekko celebrates its 50th anniversary of their stylish, iconic poppy pattern officially known as Unikko.
- An array of items fills up the halls at Tendence—experimental furniture, textiles, lighting, clothing, jewelry, and more—but housewares and accessories were most prevalent.
- Like the old Burl Ives Christmas song says, "Silver and gold, Silver and gold, Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold." With those lyrics now stuck in our heads, we've gathered some of our favorite…
- It may seem early given that we haven't even been trick-or-treating yet but believe it or not the time has come to start thinking about the holidays. The season can really sneak up on you!
- Seeing the world through rose colored glasses is easier with these glassware sets that add modern oomph to a tabletop setting.
- The only thing better than a delicious treat is a delicious treat that looks great. Decorate your dining room tabletop while satisfying your appetite with these modern designs.
- From a revolutionary juicer to an architecturally inspired dish rack, shake a glance at eight of our favorite products to outfit arguably the most important room in the house with.
- Gold accents brighten up any interior and feel festive; we share our favorite gold and brass pieces for early spring.