Streamlined Wood-and-Leather Desk Accessories
@current / @total
In this slideshow we return to a simpler time, when a modern desk could remain unencumbered by snarls of cords, food-flecked keyboards or errant mouse pads. From pieces by Nakashima to Breuer, we present a mid-century view of an age-old problem: how to maintain a winsome work space.
- The 22nd annual Los Angeles Modernism Show, held May 1–3 at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, featured more than 70 exhibitors with mid-century wares trucked in from all over the country.
- Now that handheld screens have replaced messy stacks of paper, the new home office can be a minimalist cocoon of productivity and inspiration.
- From cool new toys to the cases that protect them, Dwell's technology gift guide includes something fun and functional for everyone.
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
This made-in-San Francisco leather wallet from Joshu+Vela is simplicity itself. A simple brass closure and rich, reddish leather hold all you really need to carry with you. Seriously, leave the iPad at home, man.
- As soon as a new gizmo hits—I'm looking at you, iPad—the design world races to kit it out with sleek accessories.
Pencils are practically passé for modern kids, who are no doubt learning their way around a keyboard as soon as they can sing the alphabet song. Typing can be tough to master but qwerty truly comes alive with Chris Monro DeLorenzo's very cool stickers, which illustrate the ABCs where B is for Bowie, Y is for Yeti, and Z is for Zeus.