Sami Kallio's Milan 2013 Collection
+ Read Article
Finnish designer Sami Kallio, previously featured in Stockholm Design Week 2013: Furniture Fair constructs strong pieces which combine a handcrafted and industrial aesthetic. Kallio's newest Milan collection composed of solid wood and various other materials includes stackable chairs, unique light fixtures and stylish boxes. Take a look at some of our favorites!
Showing image @current of @total
- Furniture expo Stockholm Furniture Fair is the largest exhibition of Scandinavian design, with 80 percent of the 730 exhibitors being from the Nordic countries.
- The famed Finnish textile and clothing design company, established in 1951, has come a long way.
- Here are ten of our favorite furniture and accessory designs from the four-part coast Made in America series (Midwest, Northeast, South, and West Coast) in our July/August issue celebrating…
- With lines from Jonathan Adler, Michael Graves, and Sir Terence Conran, jcpenney’s new home collection includes modern interpretations of everyday items, from sofas to TV cabinets and floor lamps to…
- Like the old Burl Ives Christmas song says, "Silver and gold, Silver and gold, Ev'ryone wishes for silver and gold." With those lyrics now stuck in our heads, we've gathered some of our favorite…
- The table is imperative to creating a dining room. How much attention it grabs, however, is up to you.
- In this Conversation Piece series, we take a look at 10 Statement Lights that are sure to grab attention, hold gaze, and spark a few discussions.
- Scandinavian design grew popular in the modern era for its simplicity and focus on minimalism.