Minimalist Furniture Design by Sturdy Living
+ Read Article
Inspired and guided by the elements, Martha Sturdy of Sturdy Living has made a name for herself with her simple, yet bold furniture creations that are sure to be on top of any minimalist's list. Both an investment in aesthetic and function, each piece is meant to be "enjoyed, touched, used, and seen for years." We can definitely abide by that.
Showing image @current of @total
- Not to be mistaken for its sister, the stool, poufs come completely covered in cloth with no visible legs. Click through the slideshow to find six purveyors of cushioned comfort fit for all.
- The use of mirrors and mirrored surfaces to add dimension and create a visual illusion of space is a tried-and-true trick of the trade in interior design.
- Texas-based designer Barbara Hill is a pro at striking the right note between modern and playful, we took apart an informal dining room she designed in Atlanta, Georgia, to help readers recreate the…
- Whether you work from an office or a garage-space start-up, the right tools are necessary to put you in a professional mood. We found the office essentials to set you up for success.
Editors' Picks Products
- Versatile like an accent pillow or throw, a pouffe need not match your living-room set to settle in and look right at home.
- After pulling out many hats for several architecture and design firms around the world, the sisters Kershbaumer branched out and set up studio in 2008.
Both sturdy and whimsical, the copper lamp is a tongue-in-cheek way to collect a full ten kilograms of metal deposits as a long-term investment.