ICFF: Day One
ICFF is finally here, and Dwell's editors are running around New York, taking it all in. Plus, we're documenting our favorite new furniture finds on Instagram—click through the slideshow to see standouts from the fair on day one, from green Vitra sofas to wooden seating by Norwegian designer Lars Beller Fjetland. Follow us at @dwellmagazine for more live updates from NYCxDesign week.
@current / @total
- This week we're digging deep into our favorites objets de design spotted at the 2012 International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York, from satellite events to the show floor at Javits Center.
- Once a locker for a midnight loo, the bedside table has taken on a far sweeter function—and a score of forms for holding big dreams, and small specs, till the morning light.
- The folks at Blu Dot have taken a cue from IKEA and issued a new style of modular shelving called the "SHILF." Like the Swedish icon's products, Blu Dot's shelving is designed for DIY…
- Two brothers from just south of Milwaukee are making waves in New York as the Editors’ Choice pick for New Design at ICFF.
- Minneapolis-based furniture company Blu Dot is setting up a flagship shop in Soho. Earlier this week the company announced it will open the first-ever Blu Dot store in December.
- Among the static furniture displays of the 22nd annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair, which opened at New York's Javits Center this morning, the venerable Finnish brand Artek invited a…
- Though there are hundreds of exhibitors at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair (ICFF), a select few were called out for their exceptional wares by a panel of judges who name the Editors'…
- We love a good looking sofa here at Dwell, and can definitely appreciate the look of something a little bit outside-the-boxy form of the classic settee.