9 DIY Home Automation Gadgets for 2013
@current / @total
- They say that home is where the heart is. And now your home can have a brain as well. Sound futuristic?
- Our homes are getting more and more intelligent thanks to the little computers in our pockets—our smartphones.
- In our latest contest, Show Us How You Nest, we asked to see how much better your home would look with a new Nest Learning Thermostat. Here are our favorite 20 entries.
Sure, you could tie a piece of string around your finger, but jotting your thoughts down on this notepad will guarantee you'll remember. Made with recycled paper, soy inks, and a design from a papercut by artist Nikki McClure, you just might want to use it for more than a grocery list.
- The kitchen of the future just arrived a few minutes ago, and it’s brought some pretty interesting new gadgets along with it.
- Forget the poinsettias and buckets of wine; these are the holiday essentials you actually need for a successful soiree.
I have a deep seated love for my iPhone, my iPad, and my iPod. The items I chose for Dwell's Holiday Gift Guide represent some of my favorite finds this year. Most of the items on my list are gadgets (or gadget related), with a few exceptions. Regardless of the bucket in which they fall, I think you’ll agree that these products are impressively designed.
- The Electrolux Design Lab Competition, an annual event staged yearly by the giant home appliances company, celebrated its 10th anniversary this year with a brief that challenged students to create…