9 DIY Home Automation Gadgets for 2013
@current / @total
- They say that home is where the heart is. And now your home can have a brain as well. Sound futuristic?
- Our homes are getting more and more intelligent thanks to the little computers in our pockets—our smartphones.
- In our latest contest, Show Us How You Nest, we asked to see how much better your home would look with a new Nest Learning Thermostat. Here are our favorite 20 entries.
- Sous-vide (“under vacuum”) cooking means setting meat and vegetables inside a sealed bag and placing the whole thing in a container of temperature-controlled water.
- Smart thermostats have been around for a while now, but the Honeywell Lyric is exceptional because it uses geofencing.
- When it comes to hygiene, fitness, and a sound rest, technology is here to help.
Sure, you could tie a piece of string around your finger, but jotting your thoughts down on this notepad will guarantee you'll remember. Made with recycled paper, soy inks, and a design from a papercut by artist Nikki McClure, you just might want to use it for more than a grocery list.
- No matter how pretty your living room, when your home is on the market, you'll need to refresh your interiors to lure serious, potential buyers.