6 Smartphone-Controlled Home Products
Our homes are getting more and more intelligent thanks to the little computers in our pockets—our smartphones. Companies are creating products that communicate with your iPhone or Android handset, letting you control and manage them with a few taps on the screen. You can get everything from a door lock to lights to an air conditioner to connect to your phone. Soon enough, we'll be living in robo-houses that will do everything for us.
@current / @total
- They say that home is where the heart is. And now your home can have a brain as well. Sound futuristic?
- Home automation is an incredible way to simplify the life of a homeowner.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- There's definitely something for everyone at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and this year we spied practical advances in refrigeration, a slew of accessories for the "i" industry (iPods,…
- Apple's latest mobile operating system iOS 7 is set to launch in September. The redesign is radically different than what we're used to seeing on our iPhones and iPads today.
- Forget the poinsettias and buckets of wine; these are the holiday essentials you actually need for a successful soiree.
- If you're anything like me, it drives you nuts when a light is left on in a room you—nor anyone in your household—is in. How sinful is it though?
- In our latest contest, Show Us How You Nest, we asked to see how much better your home would look with a new Nest Learning Thermostat. Here are our favorite 20 entries.