Sofa Classics: B&B Italia
- In honor of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, the B&B Italia founder who died on January 25, 2014, at age 87, here are eight homes from Dwell's archives where the influential Italian furniture company's…
- For this tiny house in the Belgian forest, a little extra square footage comes in the form of a glassed-in addition with a stellar view.
- Furniture designer Patricia Urquiola is known for her bright, overstuffed upholstery for the likes of B&B Italia and Moroso as well as her slightly exotic, woven outdoor pieces for brands like…
- It was the surf and the artsy vibe that attracted Eric Grunbaum to Venice Beach, California, 18 years ago.
- Bright and light-filled, these seven homes ranging from a Los Angeles renovation to a spa-like bathroom in upstate New York are a breath of fresh air.
You can put the sections of this piece in any direction and it works. Big, deep, low sofas are good for casual settings. For a living room that will be used for conversation, look for a shallow design with an 18-inch-tall back to create an intimate feel. Whatever the mood, dedicating your budget to anchor pieces that you’ll keep for a long time is important.”—Charles de Lisle
- Although postwar California modernism is generally associated with Southern California, the Bay Area’s own tradition has begun in recent years to be more widely acknowledged, and its surviving…