SFMOMA x Gap: Artists' T-Shirts
As part of their 75th anniversary celebration, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art has partnered with local retail giant Gap on eight limited-edition artist t-shirts. The battery of art stars includes Ed Ruscha, the late photographer Larry Sultan, Barry McGee, Leslie Shows and others.
@current / @total
Presenting more than 125 works by five artists who launched their careers in a gritty San Francisco neighborhood in the early 1990s, Energy That Is All Around/Mission School is the first East Coast museum exhibition to highlight these artworks that have achieved cult-like status in the Bay Area and beyond. Most are never-before-seen early pieces from the artists’ own collections. On view at New York University’s Grey Art Gallery from April 15 to July 12, the show was curated by Natasha Boas and organized by the San Francisco Art Institute (SFAI), where Alicia McCarthy, Barry McGee, and Ruby Neri were students, and where they hung out with Margaret Kilgallen and Chris Johanson. Energy That Is All Around features paintings, drawings, sculptures, and installations (including a number of the artists’ classic “cluster” pieces) alongside more recent works created especially for this exhibition. Also included is an extensive selection of ephemera, such as sketches, letters, journals, scrapbooks, and cut-outs.
- Though the iconic Mario Botta building that houses the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art has only graced the city's South of Market neighborhood since 1995, the museum itself has brought modern and…
Penguin Grenade's t-shirt says it all, so simply and so well: Do not mess with Brian Wilson or his fearsome facial hair. The San Francisco Giants are on track to rough up those Texas Rangers again tonight, so tune into game three of the World Series and cheer on our boys in black-and-orange. #GOGIANTS!!!!!!!
The sight of a fresh sheet of loose leaf paper is a simple pleasure that's tinged with a bit of nostalgia now; It's been a while since we bought a stack for back-to-school from Walgreens. E for Effort (design duo Beka Goedde and Rachel Ostrow) share our adoration, and have teamed up with New York design outpost Artware Editions to create this collection of wide-ruled apparel which includes kids, ladies, and mens t-shirts, and a cool canvas tote.
- Rugs don't just belong in cozy mountain lodges—as proven by a new summer collection from Brooklyn dealer Aelfie.
- With offices in San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles, Dwell can't help but be proud of the transit advancements and accessibility in the cities where we work.
- Finding design inspiration online is as easy as pointing and clicking but there's something special about the feel of bound paper.
- You might consider New Jersey the Edsel of the mid-Atlantic, but illustrator Michael Mulvey is a proud son of the Garden State and he wants to do Jersey proud with this poster, t-shirts and set of…