Play Ball: Huntington Baseball Co.
Now that the season is on, any good design fan is mulling over precisely how to get just a bit more baseball into his home decor. Moderation, fellow fans! Tempting as it may be to move that collection of pennants out of junior's room and into the foyer, there is a better solution for the sporting modernist: the work of Huntington Baseball Co. No game is as ripe with nostalgia, and even the most ardent minimalist will find something to like in the clean typography of Huntington's collection of paper goods. And as the corporate bloat of Major League Baseball's marketing machine rumbles on, you'll be forgiven for hankering for a simpler time with simpler gear. Check out our slideshow for the posters, coasters, and scorebooks that bring just the right does of the old time diamond into the home.
@current / @total
- A month into the season and you're probably thinking to yourself, "How on earth do I get my love of baseball further into my decor? Should I frame and hang another Steve Garvey jersey?
- In our Rewind section, we comb the archives to find historic architectural projects that beg to be revisited, from modernist baseball stadiums to retro airports to an imperial villa in Japan.
- In honor of our family themed July/August issue, we've invited guest writer Paige Johnson, who spearheads the blog Playscapes, to share her perspective on some of the most innovative contemporary…
For a bit of portable design, the dapper Dan need look no further than this handy holiday guide to all the sundries that keeps a classy chap on course.
Foreclose on the rustic pitched-roof tree house and feather up for a modern roost. Just think ofthe handsome flock you’ll attract with this ceramic Bucky Ball—it’s certain to be the tweet of the town.
- William Bostwick and Jessi Rymill's new book Beer Craft: A Simple Guide to Making Great Beer is like Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything—just for homebrew hobbyists.
- Whenever I played with Lego sets, there was inevitably a missing piece.