Wallpaper often comes with negative connotations of frenetic patterns and faded fruit borders, but a new wave of wallpaper design offers modern alternatives to plain paint and plaster. Click through the slideshow to see the eight designs we are digging right now.
@current / @total
- Spring wallpaper helps usher in the new season with scribbles, splatters, and squares.
- Blank white walls needing an update? From washable to gilded, these six bright wallpaper designs will do the trick.
In recent years we've seen a bevy of new brands bring a much-needed dose of style to that often garnish, frequently frou-frou, always overwhelming product formerly known as The Covering That Makes One's Eyes Bleed, or, wallpaper. Here, some of our favorite picks for modern wallpapers (and happy eyes everywhere).
- Continuing our in-depth look at some of our favorite emerging designers around the world—read more about them in our May 2012 roundup here!—here are some additional products that…
- In the spirit of our Modern Across America issue, we sat down with WorkOf, a New York duo working to unify talented manufacturers.
- An aptly placed pattern does a modern interior good. Spy seven of our favorite wallcoverings in the following slideshow.
Vinyl gets a bad rap as far as materials go, but it’s stain-resistant, washable, and in this case, easy to hang.