Wallpaper often comes with negative connotations of frenetic patterns and faded fruit borders, but a new wave of wallpaper design offers modern alternatives to plain paint and plaster. Click through the slideshow to see the eight designs we are digging right now.
@current / @total
- Spring wallpaper helps usher in the new season with scribbles, splatters, and squares.
- Blank white walls needing an update? From washable to gilded, these six bright wallpaper designs will do the trick.
In recent years we've seen a bevy of new brands bring a much-needed dose of style to that often garnish, frequently frou-frou, always overwhelming product formerly known as The Covering That Makes One's Eyes Bleed, or, wallpaper. Here, some of our favorite picks for modern wallpapers (and happy eyes everywhere).
- Continuing our in-depth look at some of our favorite emerging designers around the world—read more about them in our May 2012 roundup here!—here are some additional products that…
- An aptly placed pattern does a modern interior good. Spy seven of our favorite wallcoverings in the following slideshow.
Papering your walls with the paths and trees of Zig Zag is like decorating with large-scale works of art. Each roll is handscreened, giving the pattern a personal touch.
- Last year, the Victoria and Albert Museum dug into its archives of decorative textile patterns and published its first set of pattern books.