New From Misewell
Inspired by our Made in the USA product roundup in our October 2012 issue, which featured everything from eco-friendly wallpaper to LED lamps made from wood scraps, we bring you the latest from Misewell, a Milwaukee-based company that's a recent Dwell favorite. We profiled Vincent and Paul Georgeson, the two brothers behind the company, in our 2010 Young Guns roundup, and have continued to track their progress and new releases ever since. As the brothers put it, their main goal is to create furniture that will last for decades, both physically and aesthetically. “We’re not trying to follow any trends or do anything ostentatious,” says Paul. “We want our pieces to look great in 30 years rather than turning into hideous eyesores. We want our customers to pass this stuff on to their grandkids.” Here, a look at some of their latest products, introduced at this year's International Contemporary Furniture Fair and now available online, as well as some older favorites.
@current / @total
- Growing up in southeastern Wisconsin, Vincent and Paul Georgeson used to hang out in their father’s basement woodshop, fascinated by the process of building things.
- We first featured Wisconsin designers and brothers Paul and Vincent Georgeson in our December/January 2011 Young Guns round up.
Made in Milwaukee from locally harvested walnut and assembled with old-school mortise and tenon joints, Misewell’s Poet Stool keeps it current with powder-coated recycled steel footrests.
- We know the drill: you come home, dump everything on the nearest chair, and head straight to the kitchen for dinner.
- Often neglected, yet so essential. Whether they're resting on the dining table or occupying the floor, the world would be a little darker without these beaming lights.
- Sidle up to your local living room bar with these classic, old school barstools.
Powder-coated steel. available in black, red, aqua and ivory.
- Dwell has curated a selection of AHAlife's most stylish seats.