New Furniture from Egg Collective
Though Egg Collective opened its wood shop in Brooklyn's Navy Yard in 2011, the of-the-moment design studio has been incubating for many years. Its three founders—Stephanie Beamer, Crystal Ellis, and Hillary Petrie—met when they were freshman undergraduate architecture students at Washington University in St. Louis, Missouri, and have been collaborating ever since. "Our friendship and our working relationship have always gone hand in hand," says Ellis.
Showing image @current of @total
- The South African-born, San Francisco-based architect Stanley Saitowitz is no stranger to the intersection of Judaism and design.
- In honor of International Women's Day (today!), we're celebrating ten brilliant women in design as featured in Dwell. And, be sure to check out 25 more women in design here.
- Everywhere we looked on the show floor of ICFF, we saw our own faces reflected back.
- Thirteen Brooklyn design studios—with locations ranging from Red Hook to the Navy Yard to Bushwick, and practices varying from furniture design to brand consulting to woodworking—opened…
- While reporting the March Profile story about Thomas Phifer (see it online here), I had the opportunity to visit one of his masterworks, the Fishers Island House, located off the coast of…
- In Seattle, where others saw only a severe slope and lack of municipal hookups, one couple spotted their ticket to their dream home.
- A highlight of my trip to Paris earlier this year—and I can't believe it's taken me this long to share it with you—was a visit to the Bouroullec brothers' studio in Belleville.
- Yup, the warm metallics are still going strong. This is the trend that just won't quit, but that's ok because we love it.