Modern Furniture by Glasgow Woodworker Derek Welsh
Showing image @current of @total
White Rot: We wanna rot. Spalted sycamore gives this angular sideboard by Scotland-based designer Derek Walsh its uniquely patterned facade.
- When Hector Perez couldn't find the ideal mailbox to install outside of his Eichler in Oakland, California, he decided to make his own.
- In this Brussels mansion, nothing has a price tag, but almost everything is for sale. Here, two design experts curate their fantasy house.
- I recently discovered the work of Chadhaus, a four-year-old Seattle-based company that builds beautiful modern furniture from hardwoods and recycled steel sourced mostly in the Pacific Northwest.
- Ryan Mails's passion for woodworking started before he was ten years old.
White sideboard is a classic piece of furniture with beautiful details. The frame, shelves and cross in solid oak gives the sideboard a genuine and qualitative character. Vertical stripes in different levels create the front of the drawer.
Rather than tuck your dishware away behind cluttered kitchen cabinets, keep it handy for hosting in a classic Scandinavian sideboard. Famed Danish designer Arne Vodder created this piece (available in oak or walnut) in 1959 for easy entertaining, with sliding doors that offer an easy peek at your collection. If plates and bowls aren’t your cup of tea, try argyle sweaters in the bedroom or your boxed set of Lars von Trier films in the living room.
- "A kitchen provides physical and spiritual nourishment, and for many homes it is the heart and soul of family life," writes celebrated tastemaker Sir Terence Conran in Kitchen Book.