Mjölk: Favorite Product Picks
Storeowners Juli Daoust and John Baker scout Scandinavia and Japan for the best designs in each region to bring back the best of their finds to their Toronto shop Mjölk (pronounced "mi-yelk"). We visited the duo in the city's Junction neighborhood for our September 2011 Design Finder. Here, they handpick their favorite items in the store and gives us a peek into why and how they chose each one.
@current / @total
- This Canadian duo searches out top Scandinavian and Japanese designs and brings their best finds back to this Toronto shop.
- As gift guide season kicks in to high gear, check out one editor-approved online shopping destination (aside from our own!): Giftlab, the newest venture from Net-a-Porter's Carmen Busquets.
A business card lost in the abyss of a deep purse or creased and forgotten in a back pocket isn't much good to anyone. Make sure your pertinent information is at the ready—and make a very good first impression—with this handcrafted wooden business card case from Japanese designer Masakage Tanno.
(Tip of the hat to Dwell's ever-stylish editor Aaron Britt for the heads-up on this super cool accessory!).
- A back to school vibe isn't just for kids. Peruse these modern office sundries courtesy of British design shop Present & Correct.
- When it comes to getting your home in tip-top shape for hosting parties this holiday season, or picking out the perfect gift for your favorite foodie, Dwell has you covered.
- A pair of Toronto boutique owners and their architects surpass expectations for above-the-shop living with a renovation that celebrates clean design and serene space.
- For the holiday season, we've collected a handful of gifts tailored for the discerning and dapper gent: caps to block out the cold of winter, architect-designed cufflinks, and more.
- For those who adore the beauty of a blank-page-in-waiting, behold! The incredible allure of a hardback book you make yourself is just too damn much to resist.