Furniture by Chadhaus
I recently discovered the work of Chadhaus, a four-year-old Seattle-based company that builds beautiful modern furniture from hardwoods and recycled steel sourced mostly in the Pacific Northwest. Founded by Chad and Emily Robertson, the company combines the couple's backgrounds in art, construction, furniture, and architecture. According to their website, Chadhaus is "part laboratory, part workshop, and part design studio—building furniture and designing spaces for life and activity." Says designer Dinah Dimalanta: "We work at multiple scales and use environmentally responsible materials and techniques. Our team works creatively to reach simple, durable and elegant solutions. Inspired by craft, good design and their capacity to be both sustainable and sustaining, we are excited to have more people learn about Chadhaus and our work." Here's a glimpse at some of their recent work.
@current / @total
- The 2014 edition of our annual Made in America issue, coming to newsstands soon, features the best regional products from the U.S. of A.
- Inspired by our Made in the USA product roundup in our October 2012 issue, which featured everything from eco-friendly wallpaper to LED lamps made from wood scraps, we bring you the latest from…
- In our Modern Across America issue, we rounded up the best American-made products from across the country. First up: furniture and accessories crafted in the Northwest.
- In this second installment of our design series focused on tables, we take at look at the dining table.
The Stanley is a modern indoor series constructed with solid, FSC-Certified Ash and stainless steel. Features a slatted wood top, made up of individual solid-Ash boards, contrasting warm wood grain with stainless steel. Perfect for elegant indoor picnics.
- Ethnicraft, a Belgian design company, debuts a new collection at ICFF this weekend that blends emotion and rationality, combining the warmth of teak, oak, and walnut woods with powerfully functional…
One-to-Two is sold as a pair of foldable trestle table legs in solid European oak and powder-coated steel. The flat-pack design by Nathalie Nebout for British brand Thorsten Van Elten allows you to select the size and material for the flat top, making for a cool customizable desk or dining surface.
- Designed and crafted in Tennessee, we love Data Modern Furnishings streamlined wood furniture.